- Application Deadline
- Submission of Application Form
- Submission of Supporting Documents
- Application Fee
- Selection Process
- Handling of Information
The application deadline for the Master of Arts in Translation (Business and Legal) will be 15 August 2017.
Applicants are required to provide true, accurate and complete information in support of their applications. The College reserves the right to disqualify application at any time if the information provided is found unauthentic or misleading.
- Read carefully the “Notes for Applicants”.
- Choose “Apply Now”.
- Complete the application form and press the “Submit” button. You will see an acknowledgement receipt if the submission is completed. Please keep your Application Number for future reference.
- Arrangement for the supporting documents listed in Section 3 to upload to the Online Application System by the application deadline.
All applicants who apply for admission should upload softcopies at Online Application System by the deadline. If the application is unsuccessful, all records will be destroyed.
Documents required include:
- Copies of certificates of academic/professional qualifications (e.g. university certificate of graduation, examination certificates and other qualifications).
- Copy of transcripts (with a complete record of courses attended and examination results) and grading scheme of all tertiary level studies.
- Applicants with degrees awarded by overseas universities by distance learning or by completing a curriculum of short duration may be required to provide assessment report from the Hong Kong Council for Accreditation of Academic & Vocational Qualifications (HKCAAVQ) on the level of qualification obtained.
- Any one of the following score reports/certificates, showing that you have fulfilled the English proficiency requirement:
(i) Copy of graduation certificate issued by a university in Hong Kong or an English speaking country; or
(ii) Copy of official score report of TOEFL, or IELTS (Academic), or CET-6.
- A photocopy of your HKID card or other identity document as given in the Application Form.
- Any other specific materials required by the relevant programme as listed in the Postgraduate Prospectus.
- The College may require applicants to submit additional information or documentary proof if deemed necessary.
The application fee for admission to one postgraduate programme is HK$200. The application fee, once paid, is non-refundable and non-transferable.
Registry will begin the selection process upon receipt of the applications and supporting documents. Individual programmes may require applicants to take an entrance test or attend interviews. Applicants will be notified by the Registry separately.
The information collected from the application form will be used for the following purposes:
- as a basis for selection of applicants for admission in 2017-2018 to postgraduate programmes offered by the College and other related purposes;
- for verifying information about the applicant’s public examination results and academic record in relevant institutions in Hong Kong and elsewhere;
- for identifying records of previous studies as a student in the College or other institutions;
- as part of the applicant’s student record upon registration for a programme, which will be used for all purposes relating to his/her studies in accordance with the procedures of the College;
- for identifying multiple enrolments at this College or at any other tertiary institution upon registration for a programme
- if necessary, may be transferred to other units within the College to facilitate admission verifications communication, operations and planning; and
- for statistical and research purposes and in such circumstances, personal identifiers will be removed.
Please refer to the Postgraduate Prospectus for the contact information. Those who have submitted applications should always quote the Application No. and programme applied.