1. What is the basic requirement for admission to a taught postgraduate programme?
Applicants seeking admission to a taught postgraduate programme should hold a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or equivalent; and with documentary evidence demonstrating the applicant’s English proficiency.
2. What is the College requirement on applicant’s English proficiency?
Applicants must provide documentary evidence demonstrating his/her English proficiency, which may include:
1. Graduated from an institution where the medium of instruction is English; or
2. A minimum of 550 (paper-based), 213 (computer-based) and 79 (internet-based) in TOEFL; or
3. A minimum of 6.5 in IELTS; or
4. A minimum of 430 in College English Test-Band 6 (CET-6); or
5. Equivalent of the above
3. When is the deadline for submitting my application?
The deadline for submitting the application will be 15 August 2017.
4. What documents should I submit to support my application?
Applicant is required to upload the transcripts and graduation certificate, if applicable. The original or officially certified copies of the documents are required for verification when you received a firm offer from the College.
Documents not in English should be accompanied by a formally certified English translation.
5. How much is the application fee and how should I pay it?
The application fee for each programme is HK$200 (non-refundable and non-transferable). Please follow the payment instructions and settle the application fee accordingly.
6. How do I know whether the College has received my online application?
You will receive an acknowledgement email if you have submitted your online application successfully.
7. When will the results of applications be announced?
Depending on the programme you apply for, applications may be reviewed as soon as they are received.
8. What does a ‘certified true copy’ mean?
A copy of a document that has been duly declared as a true copy before a notary public (e.g. a Commissioner for Oaths at a District Office in Hong Kong), or certified by the appropriate officials of your institution if you are an overseas applicant.
9. How to retrieve my application form?
If you already have established a user account for your application, please login through Postgraduate Admission System to retrieve your application.
10. Can I apply for credit transfer?
Credit transfer may be granted for modules at the same level completed successfully at the College or in another accredited tertiary institution. The maximum number of credit units transferred shall not exceed 50% of the total credit units of a programme. Application will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
11. Will I be invited to attend an admission interview/admission test?
Not all programmes require an interview/test and the arrangements also vary from year to year.
12. Can I submit a late application?
Though late applications may be accepted on a place-available basis, at the discretion of the relevant department, you are advised to submit your application as early as possible. For some programmes, applications are processed on a rolling basis. Review of applications will start before the deadline and continue until all places are filled.
13. What do I need to do if I am offered admission?
Successful applicant can view online, their offer letter with the “Notes to Applicants” and other information about admission to the College via their application account. The acceptance of offer must be accompanied by full payment of the acceptance fee by the specified deadline.
14. I have accepted an offer of admission. When will I get information on enrolment, class schedule and course registration?
Students will be invited for enrolment after they have accepted the admission offer and settled the acceptance fee. However, students given conditional offer will normally be invited for enrolment after condition(s) of offer is/are met. Students will receive an email reminder to retrieve the enrolment letter available from their online application account. Please download and present the letter for enrolment and note that no hardcopy of the letter will be sent to applicants.
Students will be notified of the arrangements for class schedule and course registration near the start of the semester.